1.26.2010

Hebrews 11:1

So recently the verse Hebrews 11:1 has been on my mind. It's one of my favorites, thus being the URL for the blog...anyway, it says "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of things we do not see."

I know what I hope for and I know that God knows those things too. And I think He knows even when we're not so sure and feeling a little lost, like we're wandering aimlessly, which at this point is what I feel like a lot of the time. I take comfort, though, in the thought that He knows the desires of my heart and just as in Jeremiah 29:11, He has a plan for my future and whatever it is its good.

Faith is hard, though. It's hard to wake up everyday and be able to say, "Ok, Lord, I don't know the plan but I know you do so I'm going to leave it in your control."...maybe that's not difficult for some, but I know for me as a worrier and needing to know the plan that handing those things over can be a daily struggle.

I'm ready to be out of here, not to leave the people I love here, but to be onto the next step even though I have no clue what or where that next step is.

I'm simply having to continually have faith that I'm here another year for some plan I don't understand and that when it's time, His time and not mine, I'll be on to the next place He wants me to be.

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I remember telling God "I'll go where you want me to go, no matter what." and I have... but sometimes the really hard part is to stay where He's asking me to stay. He knows your heart, and it will happen, and when it does - it will be good.